Community of Practice - The Art of Feedback
Community of Practice - The Art of Feedback inspires its members to explore new ways of doing with relation to addressing artistic work in a doctoral context.
Members of the CoP are supervisors, PhD candidates, and others involved in artistic/practice-based doctoral programs. Within the CoP, members exchange experiences and insights in discussion sessions and other engaging activities.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 11:00-12:00 CET – Session #1 Artistic guidance in a doctoral context: Challenges and Opportunities
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 – Discussion report session #1 Artistic guidance in a doctoral context: Challenges and Opportunities
- Tuesday, March 24 – Launch temporary discussion/learning platform for CoP – members.
- Tuesday, June 3, 19:30-20:45 CET – Session #2 Artistic versus Academic processes in a doctoral context.
- Challenges: lack in candidate preparation, articulating the artistic practice, providing tailored information as a supervisor for every unique research project.
- Opportunities: providing pre-admission support, better integration of PhD candidates in the institution, training for artistic supervisors.
- Engaging with the artistic practice and artistic outcomes: listening, asking questions that help reflect upon artistic processes, collaborate and participate.
- Critique: reach an agreement on how to conduct critique in an artistic doctoral context, critique to be developed in seminars – in an environment other than individual supervision, meaningful critique tries to show the potential within an idea or production and how that succeeds or falls short.