Coronavirus outbreak UPDATENews March 12, 2020
COVID-19 info and guidelines
There is currently an outbreak of coronavirus worldwide. On this page, you'll find up-to-date information on how events at the Orpheus Institute may be affected. Several public events have been postponed.
Last update: 14 May
Several upcoming events at the Orpheus Institute have been postponed as a measure against the further spread of the corona virus. We will inform everyone who already registered personally. In the event the situation changes and additional events are cancelled or postponed, we will contact everyone involved personally and announce it on our website.
- Latest measures by the Belgian Government: www.info-coronavirus.be/en/faqs
- General information: www.info-coronavirus.be
- Frequently Asked Questions: www.info-coronavirus.be/en/faqs
- Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- 26 March: Afterwork concert #1 PROMETHEUS - Imagining Sounds
- 7 May: Afterwork concert #2 MOONLIGHT - Trance-s(c)ending
- 8 May: Première Erard documentary and CD launch
- 28 - 29 May: Orpheus Doctoral Conference 2020 - Imagining the Non-Present
- 18 June: Afterwork concert #3 EROICA for Two and Four Hands
- 5 - 11 July: Historical Piano Summer Academy
New dates will be announced soon.
Prevention: what can I do?
Take the following measures regarding the transmission of virus:
- Apply the social distancing rules.
- Cough hygiene: if you sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a disposable handkerchief and then throw it away.
- If you do not have a disposable handkerchief, sneeze against your arm, not in your hands.
- Do not shake hands when greeting others.
- Apply good hand hygiene: wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or disinfect with an alcohol-based hand gel.
- Be alert for symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. Contact your doctor by telephone if such symptoms occur.
- If you are sick, stay at home and away from people with possibly reduced resistance (from 60 years of age, the sick, people with a chronic disorder, etc.)