New at the Orpheus Institute: Orpheus Research SummitNews February 21, 2018
The Orpheus Institute proudly introduces the first Orpheus Research Summit: advanced professional development for artistic researchers in music, a brand new event for established artist-researchers. From 26 – 30 November 2018 at the Orpheus Institute, Ghent.
If you want to immerse yourself in an intensive week of artistic research and fully recharge, then don’t hesitate: apply before 7 April 2018 and secure your place! The number of participants will be restricted to 15.
The Orpheus Research Summit addresses the need for a coherent programme of advanced training and development in this area, as well as providing an invaluable moment of reflection and revitalisation for established artist-researchers. We will explore individual and common themes, technical and theoretical topics at the edge of the current state of artistic research in music, in order to equip artists and institutions to plot its future. It is hoped that the summit will be a source of personal inspiration and shared purpose.
What does the Orpheus Research Summit include?
- Hands-on technical workshops in parallel and repeated sessions (e.g. web design, audio papers, digital publishing and bringing work to the stage)
- Guest speakers on current topics and ideas in artistic research in music
- Research leadership workshops with expert trainers
- Presentations by participants
- In-depth feedback and discussion in small groups with expert practitioners
- Presentations and discussions with senior researchers at the Orpheus Institute
- Opportunities for networking and sharing ideas with an international community
- Cultural, gastronomic and architectural wonders of Ghent!
- Place: Orpheus Institute, Ghent (Belgium)
- Dates: w/c 26 November 2018 Start: 13.00 Monday, 26 November 2018 End: 15.00 Friday, 30 November 2018
- Estimated cost: this Research Summit is offered at cost price, with facilities offered by the Orpheus Institute. - Lectures, workshops by invited experts, feedback sessions and panel discussions: approx. € 950 - 4/5 nights in central Ghent hotel: approx. € 600 - Use of facilities, 5 lunches, 2 dinners, coffee & tea breaks and excursions: approx. € 300 - Not included: travel to and from Ghent, 2 dinners.
UPDATE: We are pleased to announce a new individual researcher rate of € 1400. The institutional rate is € 1850.
Application deadline: 7 April 2018