Date and location
from March 29, 2010 until April 1, 2010
...ohne Worte: Vocality and Instrumentality in the era of Schumann and ChopinEventfrom March 29, 2010 until April 1, 2010
In commemoration of the 200th anniversary of Chopin and Schumann’s birth, the theme of the eightieth edition of the Orpheus Academy is linked to a generation of composers (Chopin, Schumann, Mendelssohn) who played an important role in the development of music as an autonomous art form.
In their artistry and aesthetic endeavours, they explored new and emancipated forms of musical expression against the background of a rich functional and textocentric past. Understanding and expressing the relation between instrumental and vocal musical thinking challenges both scholars and musicians. A carefully selected guest faculty will take on this challenge:
- Prof. Jean-Pierre BARTOLI - Professeur des Universités, UFR de Musique et musicologie de Paris-Sorbonne, France
- Prof. Hubert MOSSBURGER - Professor Music Theory at the Hochschule für Künste Bremen, Germany
- Prof. Douglass SEATON - Warren D. Allen Professor of Music at The Florida State University, U.S.A.
- Prof. Edoardo TORBIANELLI -Schola Cantorum Basiliensis (Hochschule für Alte Musik - Basel), Switzerland;
- Dr. Jeanne ROUDET - Maître de conférences à l´Université Paris-Sorbonne, France