Orpheus Institute representatives at Performers(') Present Artistic Research SymposiumNews October 22, 2019
23 - 26 October 2019, Yong Siew Toh Conservatory (Singapore)
Performers(‘) Present is a triennial artistic research symposium at Yong Siew Toh Conservatory (Singapore) exploring, and reflecting upon, ways in which the moment of performance engages with the multifaceted concepts of “present”. This edition, from 23 - 26 October, the Orpheus Institute has three representatives who are travelling to Singapore to perform and/or present.
24 October 2019
- Lucia D’Errico (research fellow): Performance-presentation Dichterliebe Op. 48: Towards a Performance of the "Problem"
- Paulo de Assis (research fellow): panelist in “Plots & Narratives: Telling Experiments”
- Paulo de Assis (research fellow): open rehearsal Beethoven Op. 61
25 October 2019
- Peter Dejans (director Orpheus Institute): panelist in “Plots & Narratives: A Story Unfolding”
- Paulo de Assis (research fellow): chair of performance-presentation session 4 “New Insights - Music and Dance”
- Peter Dejans (director Orpheus Institute): chair of performance-presentation session 5 “Nurturing Narratives”
26 October 2019
- Paulo de Assis (research fellow): Concert by YST Conservatory Orchestra: Paulo de Assis Explores Beethoven Op. 61
Paulo de Assis explores Beethoven Op. 61 will be the result of a collaborative exploration of Beethoven’s soundscape through the mind of performer, composer and author Paulo de Assis, reflecting his unconventional performance strategies, in dialogue with the musicians of the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory Orchestra.