docARTES 2021-2022Nieuws 30 september 2021
Negen studenten starten in het docARTES doctoraatsprogramma
We zijn verheugd om Francesca Ajossa, Harry Buckoke, Maya Fridman, Adam Lukawski, Chiara Percivati, Vera Plosila, Stijn Saveniers, Carlos Eduardo Soares en Victor Somma te verwelkomen in het docARTES-programma. We verwelkomen ook dr. Loes Rusch in het docententeam. De volgende aanmeldingsdeadline is 15 januari 2022.
In January we received 55 applications for the docARTES programme. Following the decision of the entrance examination jury, 9 candidates were selected:
- Francesca Ajossa (IT), organist
- Harry Buckoke (UK), viola da gamba
- Maya Fridman (RU), cellist
- Adam Łukawski (PL), composer
- Chiara Percivati (IT), clarenetist
- Vera Plosila (FI), traverso
- Stijn Saveniers (BE), orchestra conducting, cello
- Carlos Eduardo Soares (BR), composer, guitarist and computer musician
- Victor Somma (BR), flute
We also welcome a new faculty member: dr. Loes Rusch.
docARTES provides a 4-year doctoral curriculum, consisting of research and training. It allows doctoral students to develop their artistic qualities, broaden their academic knowledge and expand their methodological skills. This curriculum is supplemented by individual research supervision and is integrated in a professional research biotope, preparing doctoral students for a professional career as an artist-researcher. There are currently about 60 students in the doctoral programme and 40 alumni. docARTES is a collaboration between the following higher education institutions:
- Orpheus Institute, coordinating institution (Ghent, Belgium)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Association (Leuven, Belgium)
- LUCA Lemmens (Leuven, Belgium)
- Antwerp University Association (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Royal Conservatoire Antwerp (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Leiden University, Academy of Creative and Performing Arts (Leiden, The Netherlands)
- Royal Conservatoire The Hague (The Hague, The Netherlands)
- Conservatory of Amsterdam (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
The yearly application deadline is on 15 January.