Datum en locatie
van 11 april 2007 tot 14 april 2007
Tempo, Meter, Rhythm. Time in Music after 1950Eventvan 11 april 2007 tot 14 april 2007
In 2007, the Orpheus Institute organises its fifth ‘International Orpheus Academy for Music Theory’. The theme is ‘Tempo, Meter, Rhythm. Time in Music after 1950’.
Performance aspects as regards the organisation of time will be intermingled with compositional, music-theoretical, -historical and -esthetical dimensions during various lectures and workshops. Discussions and panels following the lectures will invite a dynamic participation by all participants.
Seven specialists will consider the theme:
- Richard Barrett, Composer, Brunel University West-London, U.K.
- Bruce Brubaker, Pianist, New England Conservatory, Boston, U.S.A.
- Pascal Decroupet, Professor in Musicology, Sophia-Antipolis University Nice, France
- Arne Deforce, Cellist, Drs. at the Orpheus Institute
- Mark Delaere, Professor Musicology, K .U. Leuven, Belgium
- Justin London, Professor, Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Ian Pace, Pianist, London College of Music and Media, U.K.